35 Examples of Qualityposted by Anna Mar, February 27, 2013
Quality is to business what gravity is to the universe.
But what is quality? Most of us have an idea in our head about quality. It's something that doesn't break. It's an expensive brand. It's air that's not poisonous.
The words fit for purpose are key to understanding the business definition of quality. The purpose of air is breathing. Therefore, fit for purpose air is healthy.
Quality (fitness for purpose) is always a judgment call. One person's junk is another person's treasure. From a business perspective quality may be defined by the market or by best practices.
The following adjectives are commonly used to describe quality:
1. UsableA quality website is usable.
2. Aesthetically PleasingQuality art is aesthetically pleasing.
3. FunctionalA quality business process is functional and efficient.
4. SecureA quality mobile device is secure, usable and aesthetically pleasing.
5. ReliableA quality car is reliable, safe and fun to drive.
6. Defect (Bug) FreeQuality software is bug free, usable and reliable.
7. MaintainableQuality bicycles are easy to maintain.
8. OperableQuality parachutes are easy to operate, safe and reliable.
9. AccessibleQuality elevators are accessible, reliable and safe.
10. SustainableQuality energy sources are sustainable.
11. ReusableQuality packaging is reusable.
12. StableQuality tightropes are stable and reliable.
13. InteroperableQuality memory cards are interoperable (work in a wide variety of devices).
14. CredibleQuality news programs are credible and informative.
15. AvailableQuality mobile services always have a signal (availability).
16. EthicalQuality medical clinics are professional and ethical.
17. FriendlyQuality service is friendly and diligent.
18. DurableQuality luggage is durable.
19. RobustA quality system is robust.
20. Fault TolerantQuality aircraft are fault tolerant.
21. ScalableQuality web platforms are scalable.
22. AdaptableQuality office designs are adaptable.
23. TestableQuality software is testable.
24. PowerfulA quality sports car is powerful.
25. Standards CompliantQuality factories meet safety and environmental standards.
26. Compliant With LawQuality businesses comply with the law.
27. AccurateQuality weather forecasts are accurate.
28. RelevantQuality search results are relevant.
29. FairQuality legal systems are fair.
30. FastQuality fast food is fast and tasty.
31. ReputableQuality law firms are reputable.
32. SafeQuality flights are comfortable and safe.
33. HealthyQuality food is healthy.
34. EfficientQuality air conditioners are efficient and reliable.
35. ProfitableQuality businesses are profitable and ethical.
People cling to information like a frog adrift in the ocean clings to a coconut.|
Quality is the gravity of the business universe.|
Everything you wanted to know about commodities but were afraid to ask.|
Hype and misinformation incorporated.|